NEW YORK—Federal Reserve Bank of New York President William C. Dudley will visit Connecticut on July 1-2 as part of the Bank’s efforts to strengthen ties with the community of the Second Federal Reserve District.
On July 2, President Dudley will deliver a speech to members of the Business Council of Fairfield County and meet with various community groups and organizations to learn more about economic issues and conditions in the area. The remarks will cover Connecticut’s economy and provide an economic outlook for the U.S.
The following event is open to the media:
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
12:30 p.m. EDT
President Dudley speech on regional and national economic conditions to members of the Business Council of Fairfield County
The Sheraton Hotel
700 East Main Street
Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Text is expected and will be provided under embargo. Q&A with the audience is also expected. All press must RSVP for this event no later than 5:00 p.m. July 1, 2013 by contacting Lisa Mercurio at 203-705-0683 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The visit will also include the following closed press events:
- Discussions with members of the local business community;
- Meetings with Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch and Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy;
- Roundtable with The Workplace, a Regional Workforce Development Board;
- Discussion about foreclosures with the Housing Development Fund;
- Site visit of Sikorsky Aircraft–a commercial and military helicopter and airplane manufacturer;
- Dialogue at the University of Connecticut about its efforts to collaborate with the business community and state to further economic growth.
Federal Reserve Bank of New York media contact: